A list of known problems / issues / errors in WorldClim
- The northern part of the island of Pulau Natuna Utara is missing (Indonesia, Kalimatan, Sambas; just NE of 108, 4). This is due to an error in the SRTM30 database, and will be corrected in version 1.4.
- A number of major inland water bodies have values (e.g. Caspian Sea; Big lakes in the USA). Although it is unclear what would be the maximum size for water bodies to be included, the Caspian should probably be excluded. At the other hand, given the dynamic coastline of the Caspian, this could also lead to the annoying situation of missing data for some cells that are in fact on land. Comments, anyone?
- There are some 'sudden changes' of climate on a couple of places where interpolation domains meet (e.g., at the equator in Borneo, the Galapagos islands, NE India).
- BIO11 is not correct (it is the same as BIO19 / 3; but should refer to temperature, not precipitation).
- Max temperature is lower than Min temperature on Bouvet Island and South Georgia (tiles 44/45) and on a small island in zone 33.
- Rainfall in central Brazil is too low
- A number of files for Zone 18 have a format problem